Hey there! Ready to dive into the world of LinkedIn advertising? You've come to the right place! This platform is the go-to choice for businesses and marketers looking to connect with a professional audience. In this LinkedIn ads guide, we'll cover everything from the basics to the nitty-gritty, so you can create and run successful advertising on LinkedIn campaigns. Let's get started!
LinkedIn ads are designed to help businesses reach a professional audience and achieve their marketing goals. By leveraging LinkedIn's powerful targeting options, you can connect with the right users based on factors such as job title, company size, industry, and more.
To begin advertising on LinkedIn, you'll need to create a LinkedIn Campaign Manager account, which is where you'll manage all your ad campaigns.
When creating a LinkedIn ad campaign, you'll need to select an ad objective that aligns with your marketing goals. The three main ad objectives are: Awareness ads on LinkedIn : Increase brand awareness by reaching a wide audience. Consideration ads on LinkedIn : Drive engagement with your content and encourage users to learn more about your offerings. Conversion ads on LinkedIn : Generate leads, drive website traffic, or encourage users to take a specific action (e.g., sign up, download, etc.).
LinkedIn's robust targeting options allow you to reach your ideal audience with ease using LinkedIn ads. Some of the most popular targeting options include:
: Filter by age, gender, and location to reach the right audience for your LinkedIn advertising.
• Company targeting : Target employees at specific companies, industries, or company sizes using LinkedIn ads.
• Job title targeting : Reach users based on their current or past job titles with LinkedIn ads.
• Job function targeting : Target users based on their job functions or departments using LinkedIn advertising.
• Skills targeting : Reach users with specific skills or expertise through LinkedIn ads.
• Groups targeting : Target members of specific LinkedIn groups with your ads.
• Education targeting : Target users based on their education, school, or field of study using LinkedIn advertising.
You can also create custom audience segments using LinkedIn's Matched Audiences feature , which allows you to retarget website visitors, upload email lists, or target account lists for your LinkedIn ads.
The feature of location targeting is also included. Remember to exclude unnecessary locations and audiences.
LinkedIn offers a variety of ad formats and options to help you achieve your marketing goals with LinkedIn ads. Before you start creating ads on LinkedIn, it's crucial to understand the different formats available and how they can work for your business.
These LinkedIn paid ads appear directly in the LinkedIn feed and can include images, videos, or carousel ads. They blend in with organic content, making them less intrusive and more likely to be engaged with by users.
Use sponsored content to raise brand awareness, drive engagement, or generate leads on LinkedIn .
With LinkedIn advertising using sponsored messaging, you can send personalized messages directly to your target audience's LinkedIn inbox. This format is excellent for promoting webinars, events, or sharing personalized offers .
Pay-per-click (PPC) text ads on LinkedIn appear on the right-hand side of a desktop screen. They include a small image along with a short headline and blurb. They may be less prominent than sponsored content but can still be very effective depending on your LinkedIn ads campaign goal.
These LinkedIn ads are personalized ads that showcase your brand and drive engagement. They come in several formats, such as follower ads, spotlight ads, and job ads on LinkedIn.
In this section you can choose if you want to show your ad on LinkedIn 3rd party networks :
The average cost-per-click (CPC) on LinkedIn ads is between $5-6 . However, the actual cost depends on factors like the type of LinkedIn ad, targeting, budget, and the LinkedIn ads campaign's performance.
Budgeting and Scheduling Your LinkedIn Ads: Stay in Control of Your Ad Spend LinkedIn offers three budget options to control your LinkedIn ad spend:
: Specify the average amount you want to spend on your LinkedIn ad per day. Choose a continuous schedule or a set schedule for your daily budget.
• Lifetime Budget : Specify the total amount you want to spend on your LinkedIn advertising campaign from start to finish. LinkedIn will then automatically adjust the daily budget to deliver optimal results.
• Combination : Set both daily and lifetime budgets for your LinkedIn ads campaign. This helps you control the total cost as well as your daily spend.
When it comes to scheduling your LinkedIn ads, you can choose between two options:
Run ads on LinkedIn continuously
: Your ads will run indefinitely without a set end date. Keep a close eye on your LinkedIn ads campaign's performance and adjust budgets as needed.
• Set a specific start and end date : Schedule your LinkedIn ads to run during a defined period. This is useful for time-sensitive campaigns, like event promotions or limited-time offers.
Don't forget conversion tracking.
That is all, your ad campaign is ready, and the next step is to measure the success.
To maximize your LinkedIn ad performance, follow these best practices:
To create an effective LinkedIn ad, focus on crafting ad copy and visuals that resonate with your target audience. Keep these tips in mind:
• Use clear, concise, and actionable headlines . Your headline should grab attention and communicate the value of your offer in your LinkedIn ads.
Keep ad copy short and to the point
. Use bullet points, numbered lists, or bold text to emphasize key points in your LinkedIn advertising.
• Include a strong call-to-action (CTA) that tells users what you want them to do next (e.g., "Sign up," "Download," or "Learn more").
• Use eye-catching visuals, such as images or videos , to draw attention to your LinkedIn ads. Make sure visuals are relevant to your offer and consistent with your brand.
• Test different ad variations on LinkedIn to find the most effective combination of copy and visuals.
Check the Best Practices from LinkedIn .
Regularly monitor your LinkedIn ads campaign performance and make data-driven decisions to optimize your ads. Pay attention to metrics like click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate, and cost-per-conversion for your LinkedIn advertising.
• If your
CTR is low
, consider tweaking your LinkedIn ad copy or visuals to make them more engaging.
• If your conversion rate is low , review your landing page and ensure it's aligned with your LinkedIn ad messaging and offer.
• If your cost-per-conversion is high , consider refining your targeting or adjusting your LinkedIn ad format.
Don't be afraid to test new LinkedIn ad variations and targeting options to find the most effective combination for your LinkedIn ads campaign goals.
Did you know that you can check the ads of different companies on LinkedIn without any extensions?
On account of ad transparency, LinkedIn makes it able to see what ads your competitors are running . To check it just go to the company page - posts - ads.
With its professional audience and powerful targeting options, LinkedIn Ads can be a game-changer for your B2B marketing efforts . By following this comprehensive LinkedIn ads guide, you'll be well on your way to creating and running successful LinkedIn ad campaigns that drive results.
Remember to start by choosing the right LinkedIn ad format, set a clear budget and schedule, and utilize LinkedIn's targeting tools to reach your ideal audience. Focus on crafting compelling LinkedIn ad copy and visuals, and continually monitor and optimize your LinkedIn ads campaigns for maximum performance.
As you gain more experience with LinkedIn Ads, explore advanced features like Lead Gen Forms, Conversion Tracking, and the Campaign Manager to further enhance your LinkedIn advertising efforts. With the right strategy and execution, you'll see the power of advertising on LinkedIn in driving brand awareness, generating high-quality leads, and growing your business.
If you're hungry for some serious Linkedin Ads insights, we've got just the thing for you:
- LinkedIn Riches: How to use LinkedIn for Business, Sales and Marketing!
- The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success (Fourth Edition - Completely Revised): Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search
Now that you're equipped with the knowledge and tools needed to succeed with paid LinkedIn ads, it's time to put them into action and make a lasting impact on your B2B marketing endeavors. Drop us a message - let’s see how we can help you! Good luck, and happy advertising on LinkedIn!
LinkedIn advertising works by creating an ad campaign through LinkedIn Campaign Manager and targeting specific audiences based on criteria such as job title, company size, industry, location, and more. LinkedIn offers various ad formats, including sponsored content, sponsored messaging, text ads, and dynamic ads, to help businesses achieve their marketing goals.
The cost of advertising on LinkedIn varies depending on factors such as ad format, targeting options, bidding strategy, and campaign performance. The average cost-per-click (CPC) on LinkedIn ads is between $5-6, but you can set your own budget and bidding strategy to control your ad spend.
LinkedIn offers a range of targeting options, including demographic targeting (age, gender, and location), company targeting (specific companies, industries, or company sizes), job title targeting, job function targeting, skills targeting, groups targeting, and education targeting. You can also create custom audience segments using LinkedIn's Matched Audiences feature to retarget website visitors, upload email lists, or target account lists.
You can measure the success of your LinkedIn ad campaign by tracking metrics such as clicks, impressions, click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate, and cost-per-click (CPC) using LinkedIn Campaign Manager. Make sure to set up conversion tracking to monitor your ad's performance and optimize your campaigns for better results.